Bitch is a word that can start a riot and a great debate at the same damn time. There are some women (like me) who could give two fucks about the word and then there are those who don’t play that shit at all.
For some women, the word bitch has the same relationship that the word nigga has with African Americans; we all know that it is a negative meaning but it has made the transition to a term of endearment. Like the word nigga, is acceptable in a black on black conversation; bitch is acceptable female to female.
I respect the feeling that some women have about the word being that it is considered negative. However,for me the word bitch has never been a big deal. Some may want to know why, so I am share my top five reasons with you.
- Sticks and Stones……. (you know the rest)!! I am not a woman that is effected by name calling. There is a quote that says, “it is not about what you are called, it is about what you answer to.” I was told a while ago that, “guys don’t refer to women as bitches until they are mad.” And on that note, if you mad bruh……. ARE YOU BIG MAD OR LITTLE MAD? Either way, I could care less than a little. I know that words have power but only when you allow them to. I am an educated woman, I know who I am and I embrace that, not the negativity of others. Name calling is for kids, and I am a grown woman.
- Society is so sexist, men have the freedom to do and be whatever they want with no backlash but a woman who acts in the same capacity is out of order. To hell with that!!! if having an opinion and expressing it mean that I am a bitch or I am bitching then so be it! I refuse to sit still and be quite because I am afraid of being called a bitch, I use my mind and voice with pleasure.
- One definition for bitch is; a person (usually but not necessarily a woman) who is thoroughly disliked. Now I have always known that I am not everybody’s cup of tea, and I accept that. Truth is, there are certain people who have shown me that I am better than them, they are not my cup of tea and to be disliked by them…..I OH WELL!
- I complain, I dish out attitude (Sometimes….Okay, most of the time) and I am opinionated so maybe I am a bitch……… However, In the words of Tina Fey, “Bitches Get Stuff Done!”
- As a women of who has lived 38 years; I know who I am and as a stated in my birthday post, I own my shit! I can be a lot of things and judging from the definition of the word…..A bitch is one of those things. Do I care? No!! I want to impact the world, I want to be remembered as a woman who stood for other women. Laurel Thatcher Ulrich said, “well behaved women seldom make history” and damnit I want to make history.